Cooperative predoc training program
at The Jackson Laboratory
Students in the predoctoral program follow degree requirements (e.g., courses, laboratory rotations, etc.) stipulated by the individual academic programs in which they are enrolled. In Maine, many required courses are conveniently offered at JAX via real-time interactive video conferencing with local sites, so that students do not have to leave the Jackson Laboratory campus. In Connecticut, the courses are offered on our shared UCHC campus. The highlight of the graduate student experience at The Jackson Laboratory is the opportunity to conduct research with our dynamic and experienced faculty.
Visit our faculty research pages to learn about specific research opportunities.
When you are on campus, you should expect to:
- Work in facilities with unparalleled shared resources and support services
- Attend various meetings, seminars and courses from experts in their fields
- Participate in the JAX Graduate Student Organization
- Present your research plan, progress and any findings to a variety of audiences
- Have fun, interact, learn, and network with a diverse array of scientists